Monday, March 15, 2010

Kate & Raven Riley Stream

Micha

Hey dear ones, purely for convenience, I copied Michaela's blog entry (http://mauritius-education-beyond-borders.blogspot.com/) from Mauritius here again. Greetings Kristina

***

Dear AIESEC @ Home!

My name is Michelle and I find myself now in my internship in Mauritius.
I am working on a project called "Education beyond borders" with. Beside me still 14 other interns are here (from China, Russia, India, Slovenia, Austria, Poland, Ukraine and Holland). Living together in two houses and till now still works great. Part of me my room with a girl from China and a girl from Holland.
Our tasks is to bring our own culture in more detail, and also to promote AIESEC. Moreover, it is our duty to the students of the University of Mauritius and the other smaller universities to help expand their horizons and think beyond the boundaries of Mauritius. We also prepare this ahead of several soft-skills training, such as Time Management, etc. Presentationskills
I'm currently working on a presentation about Germany, Nuremberg and also my degree course. Then all our presentations hold in the university. Also, I'm still a traditional piece of clothing need to bring (I have a dirndl). Each country then has a booth at the university (sometime in March but the first) and everyone who is interested can learn more about our country, our traditions, our language, etc..
Next weekend we will all be together, so AISECmember from Mauritius and we rent a house on the beach. This is determined in a big party.
But unfortunately I have to say that the Mauritians are not so good at planning, there have been several minor incidents, such as we still have no internet even though it was promised to us, and Leila, also from Germany had, on Airport 3 hours to wait until she was picked. But our biggest problem right now is that we in our house since yesterday, have no electricity. Probably forgot the owner has to pay. We'll see what happens.
But it all worked hard and are really nice, I think it is because of their mentality.

the moment I can say that this internship was the right choice and I am glad to be here! But one should not praise the day so before the evening!
But I think it will continue to run everything as good as before.
So that's now for the first time by me!
Wishing you a couple not so cold winter days!
Greetings from Mauritius!
Michaela

0 comments:

Post a Comment